Share your documents across work groups/ enterprise/ clients with an amazing speed and security.You've probably realized the amount of storage required for paper documents grows as rapidly as your organization does. As the number of file cabinets increases, so does the chance that documents may become lost or misfiled.
Document Imaging Software converts paper documents to a searchable, digital format suitable for storage on a computer server. This eliminates the problems associated with paper, such as loss and damage.zigdocs lets you scan and manage these paper documents using a standard Web browser. The roa
With the advent of the digital era, the concept of Electronic Data Management (EDM) has taken root and spread rapidly. A document management system (DMS) is an electronic tool that allows you to track and manage documents - across work groups or the entire enterprise, depending on your specific requirements. Organizations today need to handle a massive volume of critical information assets - developed and updated over a period of time and at various levels. In order to manage vital documents and streamline workflow, businesses require an effective information management solution that will enable authorized user groups to locate, share, update, review, store and retrieve data in the most efficient manner.
zigdocs: Keeping pace with technology
Total security and ease of use mark the document management systems offered by us, ensuring the highest degree of productivity, efficiency. Keeping in mind the enterprise-level need for complete control over documents/information flow, we have developed a highly collaborative and fully automated Document Management System (DMS). It is really cost effective .The document management solutions enable companies to effectively manage their documents – created/updated by different people at different times – through a single common platform that is both secure and user-friendly. The application allows unrestricted document sharing and free interaction among users through message boards/e-mail. We assure you availability of Information when needed.
Where is ZIGDocs used?
- Law and Accounting firms managing client and financial records
- Medical practices and Healthcare managing organizations transcriptions and electronic health records
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing managing project and design firms documents including CAD files
- Industries requiring compliance
- Records management with audit and retentions requirement
- Any business that needs to organize and manage important document and information
Try ZIGDocs - Ask for a Trial Copy:
- If you would like to install a copy of ZIGDocs and evaluate it for 30 days, mail to: email@example.com
- If you have pre-sale technical questions, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OCR - Reads scanned document
- Direct mail pull to DMS (POP3 Receiver)
- Bulk upload
- Direct Scanner or Applications to DMS
- Search results with 'related 'documents
- True Copy Verification
- Version control and management
- Integrated workflows
- Create favorites document list
- Create your own custom fields
- "synonym" search
- Image previews
- Simple easily understandable GUIs and familiar search operations
- Efficient file handling features
- Complete audit trails
- Control on documents upload, view, share, print, forward
- Self compression
- Data encryptions and decryptions
- Ability to save searches
- Latest user activity stored for quick access
- Automatic meta data capture for more accurate search results
- Integration with mail and SMS to document owner on un-authorized access of docs
- Document check-in-check-out facility
Content Search: Supported file formats
- Adobe PDF, TIF (Optical Character Recognition – OCR)
- AutoCAD Drawings (.dwf, .dwg)**
- All MS-Office documents (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pps etc.)
- Windows Media Video and Audio documents (.wmv, .wma)**
- WinZip/RAR files**
- Adobe XMP metadata in JPEG, GIF, PNG, PS, EPS, PSD, AI and SVG files**
- HTML/XHTML/XML & Plain text
The ISO 9001:2000 Standard:
EDR .net DMS is relevant in the 4.2.4 Clause of ISO "Control of Documents":
4.2.4 Control of Records
Records shall be established and maintained to provide evidence of conformity to requirements and of the effective operation of the quality management system. Records shall remain legible, readily identifiable and retrievable. A documentation procedure shall be established to define the controls needed for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, time &disposition of records.
ZIGDocs maintains multiple versions of documents in the system. This gives the traceability of documents stored in the system; however while searching the final version (i.e. the legible version) is seen by the user by default. The older version is available for authorized person for reference.
Each stored document in the ZIGDocs DMS is stored with a Unique ID and hence documents are identifiable. Any authorized person can retrieve the stored documents from any part of the network make the ZIGDocs system retrievable.
The internal security and in built access control in ZIGDocs fulfill the need for who/ how the documents will be identified ; Who/ where and how the data is stored , The data is protected through an external backup mechanism or a redundancy build in the servers ; Who can retrieve the documents .
While storing a document, ZIGDocs can define the life (the expiry) of each stored document in the DMS which fulfill the control on time &disposition of documents requirement. Apart from that the work flow helps in maintaining the traceability of documents and their status.
Versions & Features comparison chart
|User activity logs & reports|
|Searches inside in the document|
|Search results with related documents|
|Quick image previews for faster result|
|Create favorites document list|
|Download document with permission|
|Create your own custom fields|
|True Copy Certification (TCC)|
|Integrated “synonym” search|
|Version control and management|
|Email / SMS Alerts|
|Scanner to DMS|
|Bulk uploading of documents|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)|
|Directly compose e-mail|
|Multiple storage location/ work space|
|Free software Support||3 Months||6 Months||1 Year|
|Free Scanning||N/A||1 Month||3 Months|
||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Supported Operating Systems
- ZIGDocs Server:
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 (recommended)
- ZIGDocs Client:
- Any Windows version
- IE 6.0 or above
- ZIGDocs 3.0 is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Enabling ZIGDocs requires MS-SQL Server 2005, IIS and ASP.NET 3.5 or later on the server.
Processor and RAM Requirements (Server)
- Minimum: Intel Pentium III, 800 MHz 512 MB of RAM
- Recommendations for up to 500,000 documents: 1 or 2 Intel Xeon processors 4 GB of RAM RAID-1 or RAID-5 disks
- Recommendations for up to 1,000,000 documents: 2 or 4 Intel Xeon processors 16 GB of RAM RAID-1 or RAID-5 disks 64-bit operating system
- Recommendations for more than 1,000,000 documents: 4 Intel Xeon processors 32 GB of RAM RAID-1 or RAID-5 disks 64-bit operating system
- Consult us for requirements and best practices in environments with more than 1,000,000 documents.